Monday, January 5, 2015

Pinterestmas 2014

This year I decided to make all my Christmas gifts for my nephew, 3 nieces, two brothers, and parents. Thanks to Pinterest I had a ton of inspiration, which actually stressed me out a bit. I'm planning on writing up more about all the gifts soon, but in the meantime, here are some pictures.

This advent calendar made completely of toilet paper rolls (along with the TP roll star) and tissue paper is where it all began. It's a la Price is Right punch game. Punch the tissue paper for the treat or small gift. Note for anyone interested in making this, not a lot of gifts are small enough to put into toilet paper rolls. I went with a lot of stamps and stickers.
Next came coasters made of more TP rolls. My brother lives in Eugene, hence the Duck logo. The other one is a bit hard to recognize, but it's the Seahawk's eye.
The Pièce de résistance was an "igloo" for two of my nieces. It's about 4 feet high and 4 feet wide. Due to transportation issues, I had to build it in two pieces and assemble it on location.
Next, my nephew has started watching Doctor Who (the best show on the planet!!) so I made him a hand-bound River Song journal and a Kindle/tablet holder complete with its own Tardis (the "painting" on both have much to be desired).

I made another hand-bound journal with a painted L for my niece Laine.

For her, I also made a jewelry holder as well as some jewelry made out of buttons. I love buttons!
For my other brother, I transferred a printed image onto canvas.
Finally, for my dad, I gave him a box of rocks...made into garden markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson JustMercy , by Bryan Stevenson, is the story of Walter McMillian, who was sentenced to die for a murder he d...